Brussels Sprouts Recipe – Lamb Loin Chops with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and a Mustard Mint Sauce
While many people associate Brussels sprouts with fall and holiday meals, Californians are lucky to have these local and healthy veggies available fresh all year round. Spring and summer are a great time to bring Brussels sprouts to your barbecue!
RECIPE: Lamb Loin Chops with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and a Mustard Mint Sauce
Recipe by: California Grown
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. fresh chopped thyme
- 2 T. butter
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 leek, white portion thickly sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 T. whole grain mustard
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- 1 T. honey
- 1/3 c. chopped mint leaves
- Add the mustard, vinegar, honey and mint leaves and stir with a whisk to combine. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 450. Toss the Brussels sprouts and leeks with salt and pepper in the olive oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes until crisp and bright green.
- Add 1 T. olive oil to a cast iron skillet and heat to super hot.
- Add 4 lamb loin chops to the pan. Let it sear for about 3 minutes without moving. Turn over and sear for an additional 3 minutes. Add half the butter and half of the broth mixture. Cook about 1 more minute or until desired doneness.
- Cook the other batch of lamb loin chops in the same manner.
- Place the Brussels sprout on a platter, top with the seared lamb loin chops (top with a little butter if desired) and serve alongside the Mustard Mint Sauce.